07 November 2011

The Reluctant Millie Bright

Chapter Eight
Foundations


The look in Millie's eyes said it all, she was scared.  His heart sank knowing that she had been put through hell and high water and he, he had just stood back like a helpless spectator.  He questioned God.  Wondered why he would punish her?  Why could he not punish him?  He deserved it.  Why punish such a beautiful, kind and spirited woman, his woman.  Why could God not punish him? 
He held Millie in his arms, she was seeking his warmth, as she burrowed in deeper and he held on tight, not willing to let go.  He still could not erase the images of the bite from her calf and the horror upon her face.  He would do anything to appease her of her suffering, the trauma she had faced in the last couple of weeks whilst vacationing with him, the trauma he caused when he didn't listen, when he was too goddamn big headed to acknowledge, she had been pregnant with his child.  He was infuriated with himself and he had no one to blame but himself.  So, be it.  He made a promise to himself that he would make amends.  He would set down their foundations together, they would start a new.  A fresh start.  He would no longer tie her down and if there was a day when she wanted to go, he would let her.  He didn't want to keep her against her will, not anymore.  He was tired of those tactics, those games.  If she went, he would deal with it.  He would. 

He heard her crying into his t-shirt and he could do nothing but console her, "Let it out Mills, let it out sweetheart, let it out."

She bunched up his t-shirt as the tears fell, like sullen rivers down her cheeks but he held on to her.  He knew there was a long way to go before she could smile again and he was determined that he would be that person, that man who would. 

Millie was motionless.  Liam knew she had fallen asleep and so, very gently he carried her towards her bedroom.  Laid her gently onto the four poster bed and covered her with a silken throw, as he turned to leave, she grabbed hold of his arm and very gently spoke, "Please stay with me, I don't want to be alone."

He simply nodded, took off his shoes and lay beside her.  She voluntarily went into his arms and fell asleep instantly.  Liam stayed awake, listened to her breathing.  Contemplating.  Ccontemplating a life without her and wondering how she could have evaded him.  She had always been in the back of his thoughts, the time that they had been separated wasn't a life at all.  He never forgot about her, never.  He loved her.  The realisation stunned him.  He loved her.  Usually he would be scared of the notion, but deep inside a glow spread around his heart, in his chest and he was left feeling wholesome, content.  Eventually, he fell asleep with her in his arms.

Millie looked around her and all there was, was the tranquil blue waters of the Caribbean and as she was floating in the shallow waters, she could see the little fish scuttling in shoals around her, a technicolour flash speeding around, creating a frisson of colour like a rainbow in the waters.  She looked around and saw bottle nose dolphins flying out of the waters away from her, their joyous chorus as they played around, the spray of the water drenching her hair.  She could only laugh and want to join in... a sharp black fin pointing skywards was zooming straight for her and she fought back a scream as she knew all too well, what it was... a shark.  As it approached her, it opened it's jaws, ready to snap, not before she saw Liam's body bundled inside, did she scream from the top of her lungs and lunged forwards...

The scream jolted Liam out of sleep and he immediately woke up to Millie thrashing in his arms, she was sweating.  God, she was sweating and he gently woke her up from her nightmare, "Millie, sweetheart, you're in safe hands, wake up."  She continued to thrash and her fist pummelled into his jaw without hesitation.  She woke up immediately, her eyes riveting back to reality and she looked wide eyed at Liam.  He was nursing his jaw, she had quite a punch on her. 

"Oh my God, did I hurt you?" she asked visibly shaken, as she touched his jaw.

"I'll live," Liam said, stroking the side of his face, "It was a bad dream Mills."

"It was awful Liam, awful.  I can't... the shark... it... it had you... I was trying to..." and Millie dissolved in a sea of tears, "I don't know... what to.. do."

Liam leaned forward and she was in his arms again, he was stroking her hair and calming her down with soothing words.  It was her that drew away from him and stared at him, stared at him with longing eyes and so help him, he could only do what was inside him.  He touched his lips to hers and she clung on, what was meant to be a soft kiss, spewed into a passionate embrace.  The heat between them was molten, hot and magnetic.  Millie held on for dear life, as Liam deepened the kiss, he was drugged, fueled on this crazy insane longing he'd kept buried for her.  Now, it was taking free reign over him and he rode the wave of intense pleasure. 

"Mills," Liam said drawing away, out of breathe, head swimming with thoughts only of Millie, "Do you want this? Tell me if you don't and I'll stop."

"No, I want this... I've never wanted anything more," Millie said, her eyes shone with determination.

That was all Liam needed to hear, as he gently peeled away her clothing, kissing her already swollen lips, trailing kisses from her neck, down her collar bone to the valley of her breasts.  His eyes feasted on her breasts, so round, so ripe, all for him.  Taking one of her breasts in his hand, he caressed her, touched her in the way she wanted to be touched and the only way he knew how.  His mouth hungry, took her nipple and he sucked gently.  He heard her moans, as he made his way down further to her inner core, lathering kisses down to her apex, "Open up your legs for me sweetheart."
Her legs parted and he began kissing her, separated the folds with his fingers as he seeked to soothe her clitoris with his tongue, he had missed the womanly taste of her and it was nothing like how he had replayed over and over in his head.  He licked his finger and gently probed the opening, her moans escalating as he watched his Millie coming to.  His mouth found the soft yet hard nub of her clitoris as she arched skywards, her orgasm reaching the hilt.  God, she was beautiful.  He increased the speed of his finger, pounding her and he willed himself not to come at the sight of her.  God, she was beautiful.  Her core muscles convulsed around him and he heard her come.  She was putty in his hands. He kissed his way back up to her, feeling the shudders emanating from her and almost missed her whispered thank you.

"You don't have to thank me Mills," Liam said, kissing her lips and the hollow of her neck.

She grabbed his t-shirt, drawing it to her and whispered, "I want you Liam... I want you inside me... please."

It was all she needed to say, he took off his t-shirt in one fluid motion and discarded his jeans and watched with wide eye amusement as Millie's eyes rounded on his manhood.  I hope she could take him, when he'd taken her with his mouth and finger, she was tight.  She surprised him, by taking him into her mouth and he almost came there and then, her mouth hot lava working it's fluid motion up and down his length.  He willed himself not to come, not to even go there, not until he was ready and inside her, "I've got to get a condom Mills."

"I'm on the pill," she shot out.

"If you're sure Mills," it was barely a whisper.

"I'm sure," she nodded and that was all Liam needed.  He kissed her, giving her time to change her mind and to give him time to get his bearings in the right order, "Liam, I want you now..."

Liam eased himself on his hands and slowly entered her. He gave her time to accommodate his size and he slowly paced himself and before he knew it, he was pounding into her soft sweet centre.  He told himself to be gentle, her calf was still recovering and he didn't want to injure or hurt her, she arched her back towards him and clutched him to her.  He kissed her lovingly and she shook out her orgasm, he thrust into her harder before she gasped out.  He could finally let go, as he moved inside her, he too could feel his oncoming orgasm and finally, he let go.  He collapsed on the bed beside her, trying to catch his breathe.  He could see her looking at him, he was spent.  He drew her to him and they both drifted to sleep.

***

It was Liam who woke up first, it was the middle of the night, awoken by the howling of the winds.  Millie was cuddled in the crook of his arm, her hand nestled on his flat stomach.  They had made love once after that, much slower that time.  He wanted her to know that he could do slow and sensual and when she became undone in his hands, he almost lost the it.  He looked at the clock, it was four in the morning and he was hungry.  He looked around for his jeans when Millie woke up with a sudden yawn.

"Good morning sleepy head," he smiled at her.

"Morning, how long was I out?"  she said, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. 

"A couple of hours, maybe more,"  Liam said, moving the hair from her face.

"I'm starving, have we got any food?" Millie asked.

Liam clutched his hand over his heart in a satire sort of way, "A woman after my own heart, I was thinking the exact same thing, stay here and I'll get us something."  He left the bed, picking up his jeans and putting them on and headed for the kitchen, he paused at the doorway and went back to the bed, kissed Millie bang on the lips and strode off. 

Ten minutes later, he strode back into her bedroom carrying a breakfast tray full of goodies and laid it on her bed, there, they devoured the contents of salt fish and plantain, fresh fruit salad, fresh coconut juice and a few of Patty's specialities.  Liam watched Millie as she sunk her teeth into fresh mango.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" she asked, tilting her head sideways.

"Because you have a bit of rice at the corner of your mouth?" Liam quipped, as Millie touched her mouth and noticed there wasn't anything there.

"You're mean," Millie said, rolling her eyes.

"Am not," Liam laughed sheepishly, "How are you feeling today?"

"I'm feeling good, better. You?" Millie asked.

Liam smiled, "I'm good, I'm better."

"So... what do you plan to do in the next couple of days or when are you planning to go back?" Millie asked.

"I'm not sure, whatever you want to do Mills.  I've told my agent I'm taking indefinite leave... so I'm not sure when I'll be going back to work," Liam said, picking up a grape and popping it into his mouth.

"But you love your job," Millie said in surprise.

"It's just a job at the end of the day Millie, it'll still be there when or if I return... it's not going anywhere,"  Liam replied.

"But, what are you going to do in the meantime?" she was absolutely clueless.

"I was thinking- only of course- if it was okay with you... if we could just hang out.  The last couple of weeks have put my life into perspective.  I don't want to be doing the same old thing over and over again, I just..."

"What are you trying to say Liam?" Millie asked, interrupting him.

"I don't want to go back to the rat race, I want to just be with you," he said.

"With me? Are you feeling pity for me?" Millie said disgusted, "Because I don't want your pity Liam Blake, I don't."

Liam exhaled, he had to be patient.  She obviously had gotten the wrong end of the stick, "That's not what I'm saying at all Mills-"

"Then what are you saying?  That because I gave my body to you, you want more? And the only way you can have more is if I stay with you in paradise?"  Millie was angry and he knew it.

"I refuse to argue with you Mills," Liam said.

"Why not? Why won't you argue with me?" Millie demanded.

"Because..." he just didn't want to admit it, he couldn't let it out like this, not in the middle of an argument.  A one sided argument.

"I'm right aren't I?  You just want my body, that's all you've ever wanted..."  Millie yelled.

"Yes, I want your body Mills... but I also want you. I want to laugh with you, I want to cry with you, I want to take your suffering away from you. God, I wish I could.  I hate seeing you this way but I want everything Millie. I want you in every way possible," Liam said, his hands raking through his hair, "I'm such an idiot... I've been in love you all this time and I've only just realised." Liam laughed because he knew he was coming across as a mad man.

Millie was speechless, she was looking at him with new eyes.

"I know I'm coming across as a complete lunatic," he said, looking intently at her, "But there's no denying it anymore, I'm undeniably, a hundred percent in love with you and there's just no going back for me on this.  And I know, I haven't been the greatest guy to you.  I have been the least deserving of you.  I should have treated you better but I can't change the past... I can only change the future.  Millie please, say something."

He was met with silence.

"I need some time Liam, please leave me alone," Millie said, turning away from him.

What could he do but do as she wished, he walked away with a heavy heart as he closed the door behind him and probably on the woman he loved, more then life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment